The advances in mobile technology in recent years has made it somewhat impossible for us to live without our smartphones. Be honest – you probably wouldn’t even dream of leaving the house without it. Most of the time it is glued to your palm practically everywhere you go. Hence, many online casinos have caught on to this trend and made their platforms fully accessible from mobile devices too.
Best Canadian Mobile Casinos 2019
What are Mobile Casinos?
So what exactly are mobile casinos, I hear you ask? The concept is pretty straightforward since in reality, mobile casinos are no different from normal online casinos, the only obvious difference being that they are accessed from mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. Many top rated online casinos have optimized their sites for mobile users.
This is a great advantage for many players since it ultimately means that you no longer have to restrict your gaming to your PC or laptop but are free to engage in a cheeky spin on the latest slots or roulette from anywhere, at any time. Whether it’s on your commute to or from work, waiting in the queue for the dentist or during your lunch break, mobile casinos make it easy for players to get quick and easy access to their online gaming.
How do Mobile Casinos Work?
Mobile casinos are pretty easy to use. For most operators, you will simply be required to sign into your casino account from your device’s web browser, such as Safari or Chrome, and hey presto, you can get playing in pretty much the same way you would on a regular online casino.
Some operators have taken things up a notch by creating specific mobile casino apps for their players. If this is the case, then you’ll just have to download the app (usually for free) from iTunes or Google Play and then you’ll be able to access all your online gaming from one location, without the need to log in from a web browser each time.
Additionally, the HTML5 technology that was developed a few years ago enabled many operators to become omnichannel or even mobile-first, making all their games conveniently available in a web-based browser with no download required.
Pros & Cons of Playing at Mobile Casinos
- Mobile casinos are becoming more and more popular with each passing year and this trend shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. In fact, they may even replace their desktop counterparts completely in a couple of years’ time.
- One major advantage is of course that you can tune in to all the action of online gaming from wherever you are, even when out and about.
- As more operators optimise their platforms for mobile use, there are a lot more advantages to mobile casinos than meets the eye. For example, some casinos offer specific mobile casino bonuses. These are to entice more players to switch to their mobile versions.
- The biggest disadvantage we observe when it comes to mobile casinos is that not all operators have caught on to this trend. Meaning your favourite online casino might not be fully optimised for mobile.
- Connectivity or simply wifi issues. Most people will have encountered wifi issues at some point. Sadly, being mobile there is little to be done if you are having wifi problems.
- Mobile casino and mobile gaming eat up a large amount of battery life as well as data usage on your smartphone. So, it’s important to remember to carry around a portable charger with you to recharge your device as required. Also, to only engage in mobile gaming when you’re connected to Wifi or have a lot of data usage to spare.
How to Download Mobile Casinos
- Before registering with a mobile casino confirm that your mobile device meets all the requirements for either iPhone, Android, or Windows.
- Register your account
- Download the casino app followed by using their web browser to visit the website of the online casino in order to create a shortcut. The shortcut can be added to your home screen, and the icon will allow easy casino launching across all types of smartphones.
- Enjoy playing mobile casino games on your smartphone
Top Mobile Casino Developers in Canada
Net Ent is a leading software provider of mobile casino games to popular online gambling sites.
Playtech was one of the first gambling software providers to create games for mobile in 2005.
As always, Microgaming strives to be at the front of trends seen in the gambling industry.
In 2015 Quickspin launched itself wholeheartedly into the mobile casinos market and hasn’t looked back.
While Play’n GO was established in 1997, the developer went full scale into mobile gaming developing in 2004.
To keep up with players demands IGT has invested heavily in their mobile casino software and mobile casino games.
What Mobile Devices Can You Play On?
- Android is currently the most popular mobile operating system. It is compatible with a wide range of smartphone brands such as Samsung, Acer, and HTC. Its popularity is due to constant updates that provide mobile players with improved user-friendly versions.
- iPhone devices ranging from the 3G iPhones to the iPhone6S and later models provide casino players with an exciting range of mobile games. The biggest advantage to iPhone and iPad owners is that casino games can be played anywhere and is available in both download version as well as in browser
How much data is used when playing at mobile casinos?
No, mobile casino games use up no more data than other mobile games. However, games that have 3D graphics or animations will use up a lot of data. Especially, if you play them for a long time.
If you are worried about going over your data cap, then set limits. This can be done on your mobile. Players can also stick to playing on Wifi so no data is used.
Mobile Casino FAQ
- Can I play Real Money Casino Games?
Yes, real money casino games can be played on mobiles. However, the choice of games will be smaller.
- Can I get bonuses on mobile casinos?
Yes, mobile casinos are just as nice when it comes to casino bonuses. Many casinos even offer exclusive mobile casino bonuses.