Interac casino banking is one of the most straightforward, and safest, methods of payment for Canadian players. This is down to a lot of reasons, but mainly because the Canada-exclusive service is a debit payment service. Effectively, this makes it the ideal casino banking method. That means you can’t over-draw or go beyond your wallet’s limit when it comes to online gambling. Not to mention that using Interac banking is incredibly easy since it’s so well integrated into all major CA banks.
Best Interac casinos 2020
How to use Interac payment method at online casinos
Using Interac casino banking is just like using any type of casino banking. We’ve broken down the process into simple steps.
- Log into your casino account: If you’re signed up with any of the above recommended Interac casinos, just log in. If you’re not, now’s the time to create your account!
- Make sure your account is verified: Have you sent the online casino all the documents it needs to verify your account? If yes, you can proceed to make fast deposits and withdrawals. If not, do it. It’s completely safe (make sure it’s a recommended and reputable casino), and makes your online gaming experience much more enjoyable.
- Head over to the Cashier/Deposit section: Every online casino has one of these. They can be called either the ‘Cashier’ section or the ‘Deposit’ section, and they operate just like cashiers at land casinos.
- Select ‘Interac’ from the list of payment methods available: Again, quite self-explanatory. Online casinos typically have a wide range of banking options. In this case, go with Interac.
- Enter how much you’d like to deposit: The ball is in your court with this. You get to select how much you’d like to put into your casino account from your bank account. Hit enter, and you’re ready to get playing and spinning.
- Withdraw in the same exact way: Perhaps instead of going to a Deposit section, you need to go to a Withdrawals section. Repeat the same process – choose Interac, choose how much you’d like to withdraw – and wait a few hours.
And there it is – how to use Interac casino banking. Easy, right?
Advantages of using Interac
Here are just a few quick advantages of using Interac if you’re a casino player.
1. Works with Canadian dollars
2. It’s extremely safe and secure
3. One standard transaction fee
4. Fast payment method
Disadvantages of using Interac
These are the disadvantages of using Interac as a casino payment method.
1. Transaction fees
2. Casino deposits only available in Canada
3. Not widely available outside of Canada
4. Not accepted at all online casinos
How Does Interac E-Transfer Work?
Several casinos which accept Interac also allow the use of Interac e-Transfer.
Interac e-Transfer allows you to send, request and receive money from one bank account to another. When you’re playing at an online casino, this translates to a transfer from your bank account to the casino’s account, and vice-versa.
What’s most appealing about Interac e-Transfer is that you don’t have to share any personal information – all you need is access to mobile banking and an email address or phone number.
The security measures in place for Interac e-Transfer are just as sturdy and secure as they are with other Interac services, so you can rest assured that your money is in safe hands.
Is Interac safe?
Using Interac e-transfers is super safe because there is no transfer of personal details. Again, this makes it a great choice for online casino banking. If you’re skeptical about what the online casino can do with your information (you don’t have to be if you choose the right casino), then Interac is a great choice for you.
The following graph is taken directly from the Interac official website:
As you can see, even in recent times, Interac keeps up with the most recent technological developments in order to prevent fraud and other safety issues.
The payment service utilizes state-of-the-art fraud detection tools in order to prevent it from happening in the first place. The EMV chip technology implemented in 2016 makes it almost impossible to create counterfeit debit cards. The same cards linked to bank accounts used for e-transfers. Even mobile payments are made using touch ID and passcode verification.
The good news keeps on rolling in for Interac casino banking users. It’s unlikely you’ll ever get bitten by the fraud snake just by using common sense when making transactions (like, don’t tell people your passcode) and using Interac.
Are there fees for using Interac?
The short answer is: no. It does not cost money to use Interac e-transfer. It’s actually free from the provider’s end. However, there is no telling if the bank or online casino you’re using will impose a small fee on the transfer between bank accounts. You can read up on different fees when third parties are involved on the Interac ‘Fees’ page.
When it comes to using e-transfer for your casino account, the payment service usually comes with a flat rate of $1 when depositing. The flat rate of $1, or sometimes even $1.50 depending on the bank you’re using, applies whether you’re depositing $20 or $2,000. It’s yet another bonus to using Interac as your casino banking method of choice.