Most Effective Roulette Strategies
There are many strategies that can be applied to Roulette to increase profits and make the gaming experience that much more exciting. These strategies can either include low risk, but small profits, or higher risk along with bigger profits. Strategies such as the Martingale and the Paroli betting systems are great places to start, and with a little modification, you can increase profits and still keep the risk low. The same systems can be applied to other table games, like craps and blackjack.
Standard Martingale Strategy
The Martingale is a standard double up system, which is also known as a progressive system. It produces winnings for bets only placed on even numbers. The system can be applied to other betting options, but the risk of hitting huge bet amounts or table limits are very possible.
- Choose the lowest possible bet on the table to test the system. For example, we will assume the lowest wager is $1.00.
- Then, you to choose an even money bet option, such as first or last 18, colors, or odds/evens. Once you’ve selected a color or other bet option, you need to stick with that choice until you win. If you shift to other bets while progressing, you risk the possibility of losing multiple times.
- If you win, place the lowest bet again and pocket the winnings.
- If you lose, instead of just placing another $1.00 bet, place a $2.00 bet.
- If you lose again, the next bet is $4.00, then $8.00, $16.00, and so on.
- When you eventually win, you will theoretically get back all the bets you’ve placed, and potentially lost, and a make a $1.00 profit. However, to achieve this, you cannot lower the bet at any stage as this decreases the payout you’ll receive, meaning you will risk but still make a loss.
Advanced Martingale Strategy
From the information above, you might be thinking that the Martingale involves risking a lot for a low profit like $1.00. That’s where the advanced strategy comes into play. This allows you to enjoy higher profits as you double up, meaning the more you risk, the higher the profits go. After a while, you’ll find yourself wanting to lose on numbers so you can double up and enjoy higher profits. This is the perfect system as you enjoy quick and regular profits or play for longer to win bigger profits.
- As seen above, you start with a value and simply double up.
- From here, it’s very much the same, but instead of just doubling the last value, you include small increases in every second increase.
- For example, here you would start with $1.00, double up to $2.00, if you lose again double up to $5.00 instead of $4.00.
- If that bet also loses, you need to double to $10.00, then $20.00, then $45.00 instead of just $40.00. If the $45.00 bet wins, you will receive $90.00 in total. The total bet values would have been $83.00, which is covered in the winnings along with a $7.00 profit.
Do not increase the values by huge amounts as it can become massive amounts if you need to double up again afterward. One of the most important things in a progressive system is that you need to be able to double up at least 8 times and cover all the bet values at the same time. The system will fail if you run out of money due to a low account balance, low table limits, or increasing the value too fast.
On the opposite end of the spectrum to the Martingale betting system is the Paroli betting system. The Paroli strategy is still a progressive strategy, but instead of asking players to double their money following a loss, it asks them to double their money after a win. This strategy is more conservative in its approach to handling bankroll spending, and might be the more secure option for iGamers who aren’t highrollers.
- Start off by betting a specific value – let’s say 2.00 coins.
- If you win, take the casino money and double up your bet for the next round.
- Keep on doing this until you want to pull out or you lose.
- If you lose, start the next round by betting 2.00 coins again.
The beauty of this particular strategy is that even if you lose, you’re only losing your initial stake from your own money. The rest of the loss is all casino money. The Paroli betting strategy is usually favored by most players, as it keeps up morale even when a winning streak is ended by a huge loss. Otherwise, it just keeps a winning streak going and going.