Welcome to the Jungle – Books. The Jungle Books slot from Yggdrasil, that is. It might look a little familiar to you – perhaps reminiscent of a beloved Disney film? Or book by a famous author? We’re willing to bet that this slot will bring up a lot of your childhood memories. The Jungle Books slot has 5 distinct characters, each with their own distinct ‘realm’ of the jungle. Basically, Yggdrasil has come up with an ingenious way of combining different reel structures and features into the same slot. It’s called ‘Fusion Realms’. If you take a glance at the table below, you’ll get a taste of the number of special features this slot has. Jungle Books is of medium volatility, has a payout of 96.1% and a maximum win of 250,000 coins. Want to take a walk on the wild side? Read up on all you need to know about this fun-tastic slot down below.
The possibility of 45 feature combos is no joke, especially considering you can have as many as 3 features active at the same time.
Honeycomb Bonus guarantees a decent win if you manage to trigger it – as high as 500 coins on an average game. At maximum, it can award 50,000 coins.
The variety in features and reel structures keep things fun and unpredictable, which is always important for a good video slot.
You have no control over the switching of the Realms, so you could be stuck with a ‘bad’ Realm for a while.
Despite the large number of special features, the slot is of Medium volatility.
Things can get somewhat boring at points. Big payouts can be few and far in between, so we wouldn’t recommend highballing it on this particular slot.
|REELS AND PAYLINES||5 reels, 58 paylines or 68 paylines depending on what realm you’re playing|
|VOLATILITY||5 different realms (the Boy, the Panther, the Tiger, the Bear, the Snake), Wild Fruit, Random Multipliers, Sticky Respin, Stacked Wilds, Synced Reels, Spreading Wilds, Win Both Ways, x3 Wild, Honeycomb Bonus, Stacked Symbol|
|RANGE OF BET||$0.10-$100.00|
|COIN VALUES||0.002, 0.005, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04, 0.05, 0.06, 0.07, 0.08, 0.09, 0.10, 0.20, 0.30, 0.40, 0.50, 0.60, 0.70, 0.80, 0.90, 1.00, 1.30, 1.50, 1.70, 2.00|
|MAXIMUM WIN||250,000 coins|
Play Jungle Books for real at these online casinos
Theme & Background
Let’s just say that Yggdrasil took some heavy inspiration from a certain musical film for this slot. And we don’t really mind that one bit – in fact, we love it. As expected of Yggdrasil, the set and background of this slot is very intricate. Each character is individually animated, as is their respective realm. The transition from realm to realm is really well done – smooth and creative to see.
The characters themselves are somewhat predictable: the Boy, the Snake, the Panther, the Bear, and the Tiger. Loving the ambiguity there. In any case, all you need in life are the bare necessities. Honestly, to understand the full extent of the amount of work that went into design and animation for this slot – give it a whirl on the free-play above. It sucks you straight into the story-land of Jungle Books.
The characters actually interact with each other to a small extent. As we’ll explain in further detail down below, each Realm must have a ‘host’ and can also have a ‘guest’. Hosts are positioned to the left of the reels, and guests to the right. So, for example, the player could be in the realm of The Boy, which is necessarily hosted by the Boy. Then, at any random moment, another character can swoop in and act as guest. The guest could be any of the other 4 characters – the Tiger, the Bear, the Panther or the Snake. This spells good news for the player, as we’ll find out.
Each character, and therefore each Realm, has two unique special features attributed to it. The important thing to note about the ‘Realm Host’ and ‘Realm Guest’ dynamic is that when a guest swoops into a host’s realm, they’ll also bring 1 of their unique features to the realm. So, the player will already have the two special features of the Host active, and then they’ll get 1 additional feature from the guest. That’s a total of 3 active features. Although it’s not really frequent, it’s frequent enough to really make things profitable for the player at random.
Realms change when the Host decides to leave. They do this completely at random, and without much warning. When they leave, the entire Realm changes to another character. The old Host will stick around in the new Realm for a little while so that the player has three features active, and then leave for good. Now, let’s take a closer look at these special features:
Explore Jungle Books Symbols
The Panther Realm
- Wild Fruit: When this is active, super high paying symbols act as Wilds and can substitute other symbols on the reels.
- Random Multipliers: The Panther will rise up on its haunches randomly, and add between x2 – x5 multiplier to the reel wins. The wins chosen to be multiplied are also chosen at random.
The Tiger Realm
- Sticky Re-spin: When this feature is triggered, 1 respin is awarded to the player on winning spins. During the respin, the winning symbols for the last spin and all Wild symbols become sticky. This means higher chances of getting payouts.
- Stacked Wilds: Stacked Wilds are randomly added to the tallest reels of the Realm.
The Boy Realm
- Synced Reels: This feature mostly applies to the middle reels which are of the same, short height. For Synced Reels, adjacent reels of the same height get synced to achieve the same result. Which equals more payouts.
- Spreading Wilds: Mow – /cough cough/ – the Boy will throw fruit at a Wild tile in the center of the screen, and trigger Spreading Wilds. Each Wild on the reels will spread and create 1-2 additional Wilds in random positions.
The Snake Realm
- Win Both Ways: As is self-explanatory from the name, during this feature all paylines pay from both sides. Since this is the Snake Realm, it means that there will be 68 active paylines.
- x3 Wild: All winning lines which also have Wild symbols will get a x3 multiplier added to them.
The Bear Realm
- Honeycomb Bonus: The Bear is holding a little wooden tablet during the spins of his Realm. When he displays the Honeycomb symbol, and the player actually land Honeycomb symbols, then the Honeycomb Bonus is triggered. A giant honeycomb will appear across the reels, and you’ll need to pick 1 of its combs. Each comb has a hidden coin reward. The values of these coins vary: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500, 1000, 2500, and a huge 50,000 coins. Victory is sweet indeed.
- Stacked Symbol: That tablet the Bear holds changes every spin, to show random symbols. Unless the symbol is a Honeycomb, the symbols shown on the tablet appears stacked on the reels for that spin. This increases chances for hitting winning combos.
Payouts and Wagering Limits
The higher paying symbols of this slot have decent values when the player lands 5-of-a-kind. Although its of medium volatility, there are some great payouts to be won from this Jungle Books slot. We wouldn’t recommend chasing them. Players can win up to 250,000 coins in total from this slot. Enticing indeed.
As mentioned previously, this slot has different paylines according to what Realm you’re playing. The Boy, the Tiger and the Bear all have 58 payline Realms. The Panther has a 68 payline Realm. All four of these Realms pay from the left. The Snake Realm also has 68 paylines, like the Panther, but because of its special feature – it pays both ways. With an overall payout of 96.1%, Jungle Books is just a smidge above average for RTP. Given how many special features this slot has, we’re quite impressed it has this level of payout.
We wouldn’t suggest high-rolling it on this slot. It doesn’t have enough high payout support to keep gameplay fun and moving with this type of strategy. Stick to the lower bets, and see where the wind takes you. Or the jungle vines.
Jungle Books is so well conceptualized and designed, it’d be a real loss if you never gave it a spin. But even beyond that, the substantial range of special features and the Fusion Realms mechanic makes this slot an experience of its own. We’d recommend giving it a go in a heartbeat.
If you want to test out this game using real money, head on over to one of our recommended casinos and get playing. Welcome to the Jungle.